Our winters are lengthy in the Northeast. If you’re someone who loves winter than it’s great. However for me, I often find myself trapped inside longing for warmer days. Netflix has been my savior when the weather is less than stellar outside. Now that season 2 of Stranger Things is over and I’ll likely have to wait another year for season three I’m starting to long more and more for spring. We had some pretty cold days and tons of snow and rain this winter. February is right around the time I start counting down the days to Spring. This upcoming week is supposed to warm up a bit and I think they’re calling for a high of 55 degrees on one day. That will definitely feel like a heat wave in these parts. I thought in celebration of the warmer weather it would only be fitting to create a Tomato, Cucumber, and Feta Summer Salad.
What I love most about this salad is how simple it is to make. There’s not a lot of prep work and it only requires a couple of key ingredients. When you’re looking for a fresh side dish to pair with your meal this is a great option. If you’re looking to kick it up a bit you can always add 1 or 2 tablespoons of fresh Jalapeños, depending on how spicy you like it.
Are you ready for winter to end? What’s your favorite summer salad recipe? Let me know in the comments below!!
Tomato, Cucumber and Feta Summer SaladPRINT NOW!
- 1 Large Cucumber
- 1 10.5-18 OZ Cherry Tomatoes (there should be an equal ratio of cucumber to tomato in your salad)
- 1/3 Cup Feta
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- Peel the Cucumber and slice directly down the middle lengthwise and then crosswise to create small half moon pieces.
- Cut the Cherry Tomatoes in half.
- Toss the Cucumber and Tomato slices in a bowl with Feta, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe provided by Simpleekitchen.com
You can serve this summer salad immediately or let it sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to marry a bit.