Brussel sprouts get a bad wrap. That’s due to the fact that we likely remember plugging our noses and choking them down as a child. As I’ve experimented more with brussel sprouts as an adult, I realize they’re actually pretty darn good if you prepare them the right way.
There are so many ways you can prepare them but roasting is one of my favorites. It’s a simple recipe but you get a full depth of flavor. All it takes is some salt, pepper and a bit of fresh lemon juice and you’ve got a winning side dish. To me brussel spouts pair well as a side with red meat, white meat, seafood or really anything else. I’d say if you don’t think you’re a fan then give this recipe a try and you just might be surprised.
Roasted Pepper and Lemon Brussel SproutsPRINT NOW!
- 40-50 Small/Medium Sized Brussel Sprouts
- 4 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Half the brussel sprouts and toss in a bowl with extra virgin olive oil.
- Place the brussel sprouts on a rimmed baking pan in a single layer.
- Add the juice of one lemon on top of the brussel sprouts.
- Sprinkle the brussel sprouts with salt and pepper.
- Roast the brussel sprouts in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. As the brussel sprouts roast, shake the pan every 5 minutes.
Recipe provided by SimpleeKitchen.com