I own an air fryer and I love to use it to make roasted potatoes. The air fryer is instantly ready to use and cooks food quicker than a conventional oven so that makes my heart happy. Clean up is also a breeze. All I have to do is let the air fryer cool down and then wipe it out with a clean damp cloth. It’s seriously so easy!
Roasted potatoes are my absolute favorite thing to make in the air fryer. It still amazes me just how fast they cook because if I cooked them in the traditional oven it would take so much longer. This recipe is really to do after a long day at work or whenever you’re in need of something fast. The potatoes come out crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
I start by cutting the potatoes into quarters and tossing them in a left over plastic grocery bag. I then drizzle the oil over the potatoes and also toss in the dry mix. Then I grab the handles of the bag and twist the bag close and just start shaking the bag until all ingredients are combined. I then dump the potatoes into the air fryer basket and bake them for the designated time. I do check the potatoes every so often because depending on their size they may need a little less/more time in the air fryer.
This recipe does call for a package of onion soup/dip mix. My all time favorite dry dip mix is Lipton’s Onion Soup and Dip Mix. If there’s another dry mix you prefer then feel free to use that instead. This is a fast and simple recipe if you’re looking to get something on the table with minimum effort.
What’s your favorite thing to make in an air fryer? Let me know in the comments below.
Air Fryer Roasted PotatoesPRINT NOW!
- 25 (25oz) Bag of Small/Baby Yellow and Red Potatoes
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Package Dry Onion Dip/Soup Mix
- Quarter the potatoes and place in a large resealable bag or grocery bag.
- Add the extra virgin olive oil and dry onion soup/dip mix to the potatoes and shake in the bag until the potatoes are fully coated.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees for 20-25 minutes. As the potatoes cook be sure to shake the basket every 5 minutes to redistribute the potatoes.
Recipe provided by SimpleeKitchen.com
Air fryer cooking times may vary. The potatoes are done when you can easily insert and remove a knife or fork into the potato. After 20 minutes of cooking, check the potatoes. If more cooking time is necessary, continue to cook in 5 minute intervals until the potatoes are done.