Happy national pistachio day! The pistachio is actually one of my favorite nuts. I don’t know why but I love breaking the pistachio out of it’s shell. It’s so therapeutic. In honor of today I went ahead and made a pistachio and coconut chocolate bark because who doesn’t like chocolate, coconut, and pistachios mixed together? And even if you don’t, it’s just a pretty dessert!
This recipe only requires a couple of key ingredients and the hardest part is waiting for the chocolate to harden so you can break it apart and eat it. This is a really fun project if you have kids and looking to keep them preoccupied. Also, you can add or remove bark toppers. M&Ms are pretzels are also really good additions. 😉
Have you made chocolate bark before? If so, what are your favorite toppers?
Pistachio and Coconut Chocolate BarkPRINT NOW!
- 1.5 Cups Semi-sweet Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate
- 1/4 Cup Pistachio Nuts
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flakes
- Line a 9×5 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals. Stir chocolate between each internal until fully melted.
- Spread the melted chocolate evenly out on the parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the pistachio and coconut on top of the melted chocolate.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 20 second intervals. Stir the white chocolate between each internal until full melted. Drizzle the white chocolate over the melted chocolate.
- Let the bark cool completely (it will turn hard) before breaking the bark into pieces.
Recipe Provided by SimpleeKitchen.com