There’s only one word to describe the pepperoni stromboli and it’s, YUM!
When I’m hungry and looking for something with substance I make a stromboli. Pizza dough, cheese and pepperoni are so satisfying to the tummy. Don’t get me wrong, a pizza will do too but I find it’s easier to make a stromboli in the oven. It also helps that it only takes a couple of key ingredients to create your stromboli masterpiece.
What you put inside the stromboli is entirely up to you. I’m pretty basic and usually turn to cheese and pepperoni, or sausage, or both. I’ve also tried it with fresh veggies like broccoli and green peppers and those are good when you’re in that type of mood. That’s part of the beauty, a stromboli really can be whatever you want it to be. I found that additional spices and cheese on the top of the stromboli give it added decadence. Check out my recipe below to make your very own and let me know how it turns out.
My oil mister from Misto is a tool I like to use in the kitchen all the time. I fill it with my favorite oil and it’s ready to go. In my stromboli recipe I mist a little bit of oil on the top and then add my spices and cheese. It gives the spices and cheese something to bind to and makes the dough crispy in the oven. If you’d like to buy a Misto click on the Amazon link below:
Pepperoni StromboliPRINT NOW!
- 1 Pre-made Pizza Dough
- 1.5 Cups Shredded Cheese (Italian Three Cheese Blend)
- 1/2 Pound Pepperoni Slices
- 1/3 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Pepper
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 Tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 metal sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Stretch the pre-made pizza dough to cover the entire pan.
- Add 1 cup of the shredded cheese over the pizza dough.
- Place the pepperoni slices on top of the cheese.
- Add the remaining (1/2 cup) of cheese on top of the pepperoni slices along with the parmesan cheese. Leave a little parmesan cheese for the top of the stromboli.
- Slowly roll up the pizza dough and pinch together the ends and sides.
- With a Knife, cut 1 inch diagonal slits in the top of the stromboli about 1-2 inches apart.
- Spray the top of the stromboli with Sprinkle the top with pepper, garlic salt, dried parsley, red pepper flakes and remaining parmesan cheese on the top of the stromboli.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until the stromboli is a golden brown on the outside.
Recipe provided by SimpleeKitchen.com