It’s been an amazing summer! I’ve jumped from farm to farm picking all the fresh berries. The only problem now is finding ways to use up all the fresh berries in my fridge. I have to say, my all time favorite berry would have to be strawberries. I can’t get enough! I had so many strawberries I thought why not make a fresh strawberry pie.
This is a fantastic pie recipe because it doesn’t take much preparation and if you start with pre-made pie crusts. Sometimes it’s nice to start with a homemade crust but often times if you’re in a rush or don’t necessarily like making the crust yourself then a store bought crust is a-ok in my book. The beauty with berries like strawberries, blueberries etc. is that they also freeze well so if you can’t use everything up just transfer the berries into a sealable plastic bag and pop them in the fridge.
Fresh Strawberry PiePRINT NOW!
- 1 Package of Pre-made Pie Crust (containing 2 crusts)
- 6 Cups of Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 TBSP Cornstarch
- 2 TBSP Honey
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Pull the pie crusts from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 15-20 minutes
- Line a 9 inch pie pan with 1 pie crust, pressing the crust firming against the edges of the pie pan
- Fill the crust with pie weights or dried beans to ensure that the crust doesn’t bubble up while baking
- Place the pie pan and crust into the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pie crust is lightly browned (pull out and remove pie weights or beans)
- Cut the strawberries in half and add to a large bowl along with sugar, cornstarch, and honey
- Add the strawberry mixture to the baked pie crust
- Place the second crust on top of the strawberries and pinch down along the edges of the pie pan, cut a couple of 1 inch holes in the top of the pie crust
- Place the pie pan on a large rimmed baking sheet and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the top of the pie crust is golden brown
Recipe Provided by SimpleeKitchen.com
This pie can be served warm or chilled. It's also nice to serve with ice cream or whipped cream.