Nachos are the perfect appetizer for sharing with a group or gobbling up all by yourself. While I do like traditional nachos, the buffalo chicken nachos are a nice twist on the classic version.
I’m a super fan of spicy foods so anything with buffalo sauce easily wins me over. The beauty is all the flexibility you have when you make nachos. There’s no right or wrong way. All you’ll need are your favorite ingredients and a few minutes of cook time before your enjoying crunchy and cheesy nachos. What I like most about the buffalo chicken version is it involves fewer ingredients than the traditional nachos.
In my recipe I bought a fully cooked chicken at the grocery store and cubed up the meat. If you want to make your own chicken I have a great beer can chicken recipe what would work great. The only thing to be mindful of is you’ll only need one whole chicken for the nachos.
What’s your favorite version of nachos? Leave a note in the comments below.
Also, if you’re looking for baking sheets I recommend Calphalon because they’ve always served me well.
Buffalo Chicken NachosPRINT NOW!
- 1 Small Bag of Tortilla Chips or 1 Small Bag of Flaxseed Chips
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheese (Three Cheese Mexican Blend)
- 1 Fully Cooked Whole Chicken (about 4-5 pounds)
- 1 Cup Lettuce (I used a lettuce mix with kale and cauliflower).
- 1/3 Cup Buffalo Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1 TBSP Dried Parsley
- 1 TSP Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the chips as a single layer on the sheet.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the shredded cheese evenly over the chips.
- Sprinkle the lettuce over the cheese.
- Pull off meat from the cooked chicken and slice it into rough cubes. Toss the cubed chicken in a bowl with the buffalo sauce and spoon the chicken meat on top of the lettuce. Save the remaining buffalo sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining (1 cup) shredded cheese evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in oven until cheese is fully melt.
- Drizzle the remaining buffalo sauce and ranch dressing on top of the nachos.
- Add dried parsley and pepper.
Recipe Provided by SimpleeKitchen.com