If you’re a fan of onion rings then you’ll LOVE this alternative. I call these Bell Pepper Rings! I’ll admit I wasn’t sure if I was going to like this variation on the classic but after trying them they’re so delicious I often find excuses to make them whenever I can.
The best thing about these bell pepper rings is that they’re a piece of cake to make. A it takes is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of cook time and you’re munching on a fantastic appetizer. I also like experimenting with different dipping sauces because these rings do pair well with practically everything. My favorite sauce is a creamy ranch dip but a marinara sauce is also quite delicious.
I also make these rings in my air fryer so there’s no unnecessary oil needed and they come out crunchy and delicious. If you try this recipe let me know how you like them and what dipping sauce if your favorite.
Bell Pepper RingsPRINT NOW!
- 4 Bell Peppers (any color)
- 2 Cups Seasoned Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- 2 TSP pepper
- 2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 2 TSP Garlic Powder
- 2 TSP Dried Parsley
- Cut the peppers into rings (start at the bottom of the pepper and work your way up to the stem and discard each end)
- After cutting the peppers into rings clean out any remaining seeds and inner filling
- In a medium bowl whisk the milk and egg together until fully mixed
- On a plate add the pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley to bread crumbs and lightly stir with a fork
- Dip the peppers one at a time into the milk/egg mixture and then immediately into the bread crumbs
- Add the peppers to your air fryer and cook for 15 minutes, turning the peppers half-way through the cooking
- Plate your peppers and serve with your favorite dipping sauce
Recipe Provided by SimpleeKitchen.com
If you use an air fryer lay the peppers evenly and don't stack too many pepper rings on top of each other. You may have to do several batches depending on the size of your air fryer.