I think meatloaf is underrated. There are so many fun ways you can spice it up. I decided to go a semi-traditional route but I did include additional spices to kick-up the flavor a bit. I also added BBQ and hot sauce to the top of the meatloaf to give it a bit more punch to create a BBQ meatloaf.
What I love most about this recipe is the fact that the preparation is so easy. All you need to do is mix all the ingredients together, throw it in a pan and cook. Meatloaf isn’t one of those dishes that you have to spend a lot of time preparing and the presentation is also easy. Just slice and serve. I also love the fast that you can pair so many other things with meatloaf. I could totally see roasted brussel sprouts going really well with this meatloaf or even air fryer roasted potatoes. The options are endless.
What’s your favorite way to prepare meatloaf? Let me know in the comments below.
BBQ MeatloafPRINT NOW!
- 1.5 Pounds Ground Beef
- 1/4 Cup Diced Yellow Onion
- 2 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 Bread Slices (crumbled)
- 1/4 Cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 TSP Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 TSP Dried Oregano
- 1 TSP Dried Parsley
- 1 TSP Black Pepper
- 1 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 1/3 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 Cup Hot Sauce
- Reheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients (except for the BBQ Sauce and hot sauce) in a medium bowl
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan in parchment paper
- Place combined ingredients in the loaf pan and softly press down
- Mix the BBQ sauce and hot sauce together and drizzle on top of meatloaf
- Bake meatloaf in oven for 1 hour or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees
- Remove from the oven and drain the juices before slicing and serving
Recipe Provided by SimpleeKitchen.com
For the bread in this recipe, you can use whatever you have readily available in your kitchen. White, wheat, rye, it doesn't matter.